This is about the Acceleracers movie series. For other meanings, see Acceleracers (disambiguation).
Hot Wheels: Acceleracers (stylized AcceleRacerS) is a 2005 animated series of films. It was created by Mark Edens and Ian Richter. It continues after Hot Wheels: World Race and features new and returning characters.
- 1 Plot
- 2 Movies
- 3 Development
- 4 Release
- 5 Continuation and Cancellation
- 6 Reception
- 7 Other Media
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See Also
- 11 External Links
- 12 References
The series takes place 2 years after the events of Hot Wheels Highway 35 World Race, and follows two rival racing teams the Teku and the Metal Maniacs as they race against the Racing Drones in the Racing Realms.
|1||Ignition||60 minutes||January 8, 2005|
|2||Speed of Silence||60 minutes||March 19, 2005|
|3||Breaking Point||60 minutes||June 25, 2005|
|4||Ultimate Race||60 minutes||October 1, 2005|
See also: Acceleracers (Movie Series)/Development
Acceleracers began development in February 2004, with animation being produced from June 2004 to June 2005. Concept designs for vehicles may have began as early as late-2003, according to Hot Wheels vehicle designer Eric Tscherne.
Acceleracers: The Ultimate Race aired on Toonami at October 1st, 2005, at 6:30 PM (5:30 Central), with the DVD releasing in November 28th, 2006. No VHS release was produced. A gift set of all 4 movie DVDs was released on the same day, priced at $41.82 US dollars SRP.
Continuation and Cancellation
Plans for a continuation were in early conceptual stages, with several patents and concept art suggesting it would've revolved around transforming vehicles. These concepts evolved to Stunt Strikers, a 2007 McDonalds line, and then to Battle Force 5.
An anonymous team member at Mattel responded to an email sent by reddit user u/racingdrones on Febuary 2nd, 2016, concerning the cancellation of Acceleracers. The team member stated Acceleracers was cancelled due to the revolving marketing team, and worries that Acceleracers was becoming more popular than Hot Wheels itself. The concepts and designs made for the Acceleracers continuation were eventually moved to Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5.
Collectible Card Game
See also: Acceleracers Collectible Card Game
A collectible card game was released in late 2004, packed in with Acceleracers die casts. A promo animation was produced, and features different animation and lighting than the ones seen in Acceleracers. It can be seen here.
See also: Acceleracers Soundtrack
A CD selection of Acceleracers music was released on August 30th, 2005, manufactured and distributed by Sony BMG Music Entertainment. A YouTube playlist of the score ripped from the movies can be found here.
See also: List of Fan Projects
Several fan-made continuations have been made by members of the Acceleracers community, most of which being abandoned or outright cancelled. Most notable is Acceleracers 5: The Edge, a sequel fan-comic which launched in October of 2013, gaining 2,300 Facebook followers.
- In the Toonami airings, the Hot Wheels logo was removed due to unknown reasons.
- However, in Speed of Silence and onwards they replace it with RD-09.
- With all the production photos we can somewhat piece the name evolution of Acceleracers;
- Realm Racers > XL Racers > Acceleracers
- List of Fan Projects
- List of Content Creators
- Action Figure Prototypes
- Stunt Strikers
- Battle Force 5
- ValkenVugen's Acceleracers Remastered Playlist
- Shirako Takamoto English Reuploads
- The Acceleracers Reddit Wiki
- Accelepedia.com (Archived 2018)
- Official Acceleracers Homepage (Archived November 2005)
- Hot Wheels: AcceleRacers - Wikipedia
- Mattel Inc. Acceleracers DVD Packaging - Alan Andrews Portfolio
- Warner Home Vido and Mattel Enter Exclusive Home Entertainment Distribution Agreement | WarnerBros.com Press Release
- Hot Wheels "Acceleracers Ignition" Talkback (Spoilers) | Anime Superhero Forum
- Hot Wheels Acceleracers "The Speed of Silence" Talkback (Spoilers) | Anime Superhero Forums
- Hot Wheels - Acceleracers: The Speed Of Silence [DVD  on Amazon]
- The Speed of Silence, Hot Wheels Acceleracers, Movie 2 [VHS on Amazon]
- Hot Wheels Acceleracers "Breaking Point" Talkback (Spoilers) | Anime Superhero Forum
- WARNER HOME VIDEO RELEASES THE THIRD INSTALLMENT OF THE ANIMATED ORIGINAL MOVIE BASED ON MATTEL’S POPULAR HOT WHEELS® PROPERTY | Press Release | WarnerBros.com
- Hot Wheels Accelracers "The Ultimate Race" Talkback (Spoilers) | Anime Superhero Forum
- Warner Home Video Releases "Hot Wheels® Acceleracers™: The Ultimate Race | WarnerBros.com Press Release
- USD5408910S1 - Google Patents
- USD541354 - Google Patents
- US7722426 - Google Patents
- US20060270320A1 - Google Patents
- Why AcceleRacers was Cancelled on the Acceleracers Reddit
- Hot Wheels: Acceleracers - Common Sense Media
- Hot Wheels Highway 35 World Race (2003–2006) on IMDb
- Hot Wheels AcceleRacers | Kidzworld.com
- Hot Wheels Acceleracers Soundtrack (2005, CD) | Discogs
- Acceleracers - Ignition 1/6
- Acceleracers - Speed of Silence 1/6