- “He could only do what he was programmed to do.”
- —Dr. Peter Tezla, after Gig’s destruction of the Acceledrome
Gig is a floating computer with an egg shaped body and two gray fins. He has a shell-like head with two orange eyes and a gray fin on the back of his head. An orange screen on his torso displays the audio waveform of his voice.
He is loyal and intelligent, yet often sarcastic towards the drivers in the Acceledrome. He assists Dr. Peter Tezla in monitoring the racers and helping put on the Exoskeleton.
"A self-contained floating computer, GIG is Tezla’s loyal and trustworthy robotic assistant. He is a very complex and intelligent machine. Unfortunately, his brain is vulnerable to tampering."
"Built by Tezla, Gig is an automotive super computer with a biting sense of humor who sometimes exudes more personality than his creator."
Gig was Dr. Tezla's helpful companion in World Race. He even made the suggestion to "find a new driver" which started the World Race, and the search for the best driver. Gig mainly stayed by Tezla's side for the majority of the World Race, activating the starting lights for the race, and updating Tezla and the drivers about various things. He even printed the checks for the winning team after Vert won the Wheel of Power. But after Dr. Tezla went to study the Wheel, it caused a power surge, shorting out any electronic devices within a few miles of the cube. Including Gig. Gig was eventually fixed during or after Gelorum's attack. Gig's shorting out also convinced the Doctor that the Wheel held too much power for one person.
Gig was a part of the Silencerz until Dr. Tezla reprogrammed him or so he thought. Gig was actually a spy working still for the Silencerz. Throughout the series, whenever Gig asked the drivers for the AcceleChargers so he can analyze them. He was actually switching them out for a cheap copy. So he can later give the AcceleChargers to the Silencerz. This is revealed in Ultimate Race, when he goes into X-88 robot form to get the AcceleChargers from Lani. Despite this he stayed behind when the Drones were attacking, and personally detonated the Nitrox 2 tanks, destroying the AcceleDrome and himself in the process.
- Gig seems to have gone through a lot of changes both with his voice module and with his looks between the events of World Race and Acceleracers, although the reason is unknown.
- Gig's Meet the Drivers description foreshadows the events of The Ultimate Race, stating "his brain is vulnerable to tampering."
- The description also capitalizes GIG, possibly meaning his name is an acronym.
- Gig’s name is a possible reference to the programming term, gigabytes.
- It could also mean the same word for "a job, especially one that is temporary or that has an uncertain future." (from Google)
|Members: Major Wheeler - Banjee Castillo - Silencerz soldiers - Silencerz scientists - X-88 Silencerz Drones - Gig - Dr. Peter Tezla (formerly)|
|Vehicles: Octainium - Nitrium - Anthracite - Iridium - Carbide - Covelight - Accelium - Metaloid - Technetium - Magnesium - Titanium (unreleased)|
|Team - Gallery|
|Nolo Pasaro - Vert Wheeler - Kurt Wylde - Shirako Takamoto - Karma Eiss - Tone Pasaro|
|Tork Maddox - Taro Kitano - Mark Wylde - Porkchop - Monkey - Sparky|
|Gelorum - RD-L1 - RD-S1 - RD-W1 - Motorcycle Drone - Brian Kadeem|
|Major Wheeler - Banjee Castillo - Soldiers - Scientists|
|Dr. Peter Tezla - Gig - Lani Tam - Alec Wood (formerly) - Dan Dresden (formerly)|