"Let's move some metal, Maniacs!" - Tork Maddox
The Metal Maniacs are a street racing team who like rough, cool-looking muscle cars. Their cars tend to have features such as armor, spikes, and flamethrowers. They are a very tight-knit group, frequently saying "We're welded", and try and help any of their teammates in need. They are led by Tork Maddox, and rival the Teku street racing team.
The conflict between two teams eventually cools down throughout the seires, and finally froms a new bond after the end of Ultimate Race, with the mission to save Mark Wylde, initiated by his older brother Kurt Wylde.
”The Metal Maniacs are a bunch of burly, brawling and bare-knuckled drivers, and their vehicles are as rough-and-tumble as the drivers themselves. High-tech components and junkyard parts combine with a jet engine or two to make this a formidable fleet of supercharged muscle machines. These cars are designed to look mean, bristling with spikes, jagged edges and balls of fire. Unlike their slicker rivals, the Teku, the Metal Maniacs have a raucous and reckless style.” - Meet the Drivers v1
”The Metal Maniacs are a bunch of burly, brawling and bare-knuckled drivers. Their vehicles are as rough-and-tumble as the drivers themselves, bristling with spikes, jagged edges and balls of fire. Unlike their slicker rivals, the Teku, the Metal Maniacs have a raucous and reckless style.” - Meet the Drivers v2
Compared to the Teku, who usually have cars that are tuned like real life JDM cars, the Metal Maniacs build their cars quite similarly to real life Motorsports cars: equipped with a roll cage (Rivited and Hollowback), or cars that can potentially join a Le Mans GT Racing (Spine Buster), off-road racing (Piledriver), drag racing (Flathead Fury, Power Bomb and Jack Hammer), custom vehicles (Jaw Jammer and Rat-ified), SUV Racing (Rollin' Thunder), all alongside a supporting vehicle (Old Smokey).
- Tork Maddox (leader)
- Taro Kitano
- Deezel "Porkchop" Riggs
- Mark Wylde
- Mitchell "Monkey" McClurg
- Power Bomb (Not introduced)
- Piledriver (Abandoned - Drone HQ)
- Flathead Fury (Abandoned - Junk Realm)
- Rivited (Abandoned - Drone HQ)
- Hollowback (Abandoned - Drone HQ)
- Rollin' Thunder (Presumably destroyed / dismantled)
- Spine Buster (Dismantled - Metro Realm)
- Rat-ified (Dismantled - Cosmic Realm)
- Jack Hammer (Totaled - Water Realm)
- Jaw Jammer (Destroyed by Sparky)
- Old Smokey (Destroyed - Junk Realm)
- '70 Plymouth Road Runner (Totaled - Storm Realm)
- Unknown name motorcycle (Canceled release)
- Some of the cars have plows and armor around their tires like the Scorchers did. This suggests that they got that technology when Taro joined.
- Mark (aka Wylde) from Wave Rippers, Porkchop and Monkey are the only members in the Metal Maniacs to have their own nicknames.
- Almost all Metal Maniac cars have flamethrowers as weapons, which flames usually comes from the exhaust pipes.
- Some cars appear to have a tool called the Asphalt Anchor, mounted at the underside, and are usually used like E-Brake, even though being a type of weapon. Only the ones Spine Buster and Jack Hammer are seen deployed, and the one on the former seems to be in a much better condition.
- It's the only team to have all 10 vehicles made it into the toyline, since Jaw Jammer was released in 2005 as a basic car.
|Members: Tork Maddox - Taro Kitano - Porkchop - Mark Wylde - Monkey - Sparky|
|Vehicles: Power Bomb - Piledriver - Flathead Fury - Rivited - Hollowback - Rollin' Thunder - Spine Buster - Rat-ified - Jack Hammer - Jaw Jammer - Old Smokey - ‘70 Plymouth Road Runner|
|Team - Gallery|