The Speed of Silence
The realm starts in a sort of underground highway with the cars entering into head on traffic. If one survives the onslaught of realm cars (or finds a way to other lanes) they will emerge out onto an open highway leading up to a black and futuristic city. One has the option of getting off the highway and entering a urban maze while avoiding Kamikaze Semis attempting to kill it, or stay on the highway. Continue staying on the highway, the path will lead the driver to an outer island apart from the city that contains the portal.
As seen from the movie, three islands appear with the big one appearing in the middle. The smaller two sits on both sides of the bigger island: One can be seen early on in the realm, behind the tunnel. The other island can be seen later on, containing the portal. The city featured inside this realm is futuristic, neon-filled and entrapped in a "knot" of highway road. Most buildings have windows that emit a yellow or orange light. Neon signage is featured, having the Wheel of Power insignia. Tunnels are seen within the city. A subway route can be found with an active subway train operating. There is a parking lot that is elevated from street level. An incomplete bridge exist.
The Metro track seem eerily familiar at first, but this ordinary city is devoid of life. Driverless cars and trucks careen down along the deserted streets, hunting racers one collision at a time. -- Official description of the realm card
The appearance of the Metro Realm is hard to determine when the Realm card features a blurred artwork. Artwork from cards such as "Drift & Pass" may suggest that the Metro Realm is a version of real-world cities such as Los Angeles and New York (Hollywood is feature don a sign seen in "Drift & Pass" and Union Square is an actual neighborhood in NYC). The skill card "Shortcut" may feature an urban environment that is reminiscent of a North American city. This can be supported by the official description of the realm card, where the Metro Realm is referred as an "ordinary city". However, this is unconfirmed whether these cards actually depict the Metro Realm. One thing to note that it would be anachronistic if the Metro Realm is an ordinary human city, as the realms were created eons ago. Possibly, the Metro Realm may have been created recently.
Some cards that feature an urban environment like Kamikaze Semis feature a futuristic cities like the movie-incarnation of this realm. Unlike the movie version, realm cars are said to appear on the desert streets rather than the highway alone.
Tezla's drivers pass through the portal to face oncoming traffic of the Metro Realm. Shortly after surviving them, Taro manages to smash through a barrier and the team drives on the correct lane. Karma realizes that the realm cars have a predetermined route and pattern of traffic.
While racing, the Kamikaze Semis turn on and exit out of a garage. The drivers exit out of the freeway and enter the deserted streets. Nolo and Tork battle afterwards, resulting in Nolo crashing into a column that holds up an elevated rail. Karma, whilst driving, encounters a Kamikaze Semi crashing into her. It destroys itself into a building as Chicane is reversed.
During this realm the drones use the Sweeper for the first time, taking out Synkro and Spine Buster and nearly stealing the Swamp Realm Accelecharger. Luckily, Tork retrieves the Accelecharger and gives it to Nolo. At the defeat of the first Sweeper, Nolo had to take a ride with Karma and Monkey had to ride Hollowback temporarily to head to the bathroom while Tork takes the passenger seat, but unfortunately, Monkey said it was a little too late.
Drivers and Cars
Sweeper Driver - driving Drone Sweeper (DNF)
(First appearance: Covelight, Iridium, and Drone Sweeper)
- This is the first realm the Silencerz win. This is also the first of many times Taro is cheated of victory by the Silencerz. However, Gelorum uses the Accelecharger for this realm in the Ultimate Race.
- Karma uses the Cavern Realm Accelecharger, meaning this is the first time a Teku member uses that Accelcharger.
- If one looks closely at the night stand behind Monkey when he falls out of bed, you can see a picture of Vert's mom for some reason.
- Both Synkro and Chicane are revealed to have Jump Jets in this realm.
- Oddly enough, in the Metro Realm's promotional image, both Synkro and High Voltage are seen. This cannot be the case, as Synkro and High Voltage are both driven by Nolo, and High Voltage was destroyed prior to the Realm's entrance.
- RD-L1 is killed in this realm, after being smashed by the top of the tunnel. He does not re-appear for the rest of the Acceleracers series until the Ultimate Race, with the exception of the Ice Realm. This may be due to the fact Gelorum has already re-activated him once and she said in the end of Ignition that if he failed again she will terminate him. However, in the Cosmic Realm, an RD-05 appears racing with other drone cars, but a driver inside is not shown. Many RD-L1's appear in the invasion of the Acceledrome, and the main one has a different voice, suggesting that Gelorum created a new RD-L1 to drive for her.
- An error seems to occur at the end of the realm, it goes as follows: Taro is the first to reach the end of the realm, before he wins, but he is attacked and stopped by a Silencer posing as an RD-02, then another passes as Kurt. The real Kurt is indeed the first to arrive back at the AcceleDrome, but he has not won. Kurt states a drone must have gotten to the end of the track first. Taro's story contradicts this, saying he saw Kurt enter the portal first. Since that was a Silencer and not Kurt, this means Kurt would have had to pass Taro in order to be the first out of the realm, however, Kurt was already ahead of Taro. (Kurt may have been in a different lane from Taro, as it was shown that a good majority of the realm cars were stopped by the Silencerz going over the tops of them with the Caterpillar Hyperpod.)
- In another error, Karma's Chicane Wheels were supposed to be of the blue and slick type. Mostly, Chicane's wheels were normal and still blue in the beginning until the end of the Metro Realm. Then, Chicane's wheels became the same wheels from Ignition. When Karma drives at the end after all the passenger pick up, the rims don't have the red dot.